The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Valuation Officer (Up to 5 positions)
Assessment & Taxation Department
Posting No: 121087
Closing Date: May 26, 2022
Under the general supervision of an Area Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for collecting, recording, verifying, discussing, and analyzing property and business data, following departmental operating procedures and processes. In addition, the Valuation Officer completes property valuations for assigned property, using predetermined valuation parameters and the departmental computer systems. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining the quality standards of the department.
As the Valuation Officer, you will:
• Gather assessment related data and enter into computer system for assigned property, using various assessments, measuring, and recording techniques.
• Verify, review, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data for valuation purposes.
• Research and analyze market transactions, including the application of statistical skills and tools to support assessed values.
• Generate and present/defend property valuations.
• Communicate/respond to assessment and tax related information to the Public and in response to inquiries.
• Prepare and present evidence at appeal tribunals.
• Supervise junior personnel as required.
• Check and validate own/other work and assist in corrective/preventive actions.
• Perform general office work in connection with realty and business assessment roll production.
• Perform other duties compatible with the classification as assigned.
If you are interested in further details, please use the link below for the full bulletin.